Building Really Annoying Web Sites
Building Really Annoying Web Sites is a subversive new book that will teach you the long sought-after secrets of how to add all sorts of truly irritating effects to your own personal Web pages.
- Make all the menus and buttons in a browser window disappear
- Change a cursor’s shape, without the user’s permission
- Create impossible-to-close pop-up windows
- Add aggravating Flash animations and movies
- Trap users in framed pages if they try to link off your page
- And much more!
Each annoying effect is followed by a section explaining why it would be wrong to add that effect to a Web page,along with suggestions for a more appropriate approach that well-intentioned designers can take, if they so desire.
Author: Michael Miller
Publisher: Hungry Minds
Published: September 2001
Page count: 283 pp.