My iPad for Seniors, 4th Edition
Covers iOS 10 for all models of iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Pro, and iPad 4th generation
My iPad for Seniors, 4th Edition, is a comprehensive guide to using all of Apple’s iPad models. It includes everything from basic setup information to finding and installing new apps to using the iPad for communication, entertainment, and productivity. The information presented in this book is targeted at users aged 50 and up; whenever possible, one best way for any given task is presented, and instructions are simplified with older users in mind. In addition, much content specific for people 50+ is included.
- Step-by-step instructions for the tasks you care about most
- Large, full-color, close-up photos show you exactly what to do
- Common-sense help whenever you run into problems
- Tips and notes to help you get the most from your iPad
Learn how to:
- Connect your iPad to the Internet via Wi-Fi
- Personalize the way your iPad looks and works
- Make your iPad easier to use if you have trouble seeing or tapping the screen
- Make the data on your iPad more secure with fingerprint login
- Control frequently used settings with your iPad’s Control Center
- Browse and search the Internet with Safari
- Use Siri’s voice commands to control your iPad and find useful information
- Find fun and useful apps and games in Apple’s App Store
- Communicate with friends and family via email, text messaging, and FaceTime video chats
- Shoot, share, and view photos and videos
- Listen to music and watch movies and TV shows over the Internet
- Share music and videos with other devices via AirDrop and AirPlay
- Use iCloud to store and share your photos and other important data online
- Discover the most popular health, travel, and productivity apps
- Troubleshoot common iPad problems
My iPad for Seniors is the recipient of a 2017 National Mature Media Award from the Mature Market Resource Center. The book received a Gold Award, which represents the top five percent of all entries. And from that crop, My iPad for Seniors was judged to win one of just four 2017 Best of Show Awards.
The awards program, presented by the Mature Market Resource Center, a national clearinghouse for the senior market, is the largest program of its kind. The awards were created to annually recognize the best materials produced for those who are 50 and older, the nation’s fastest-growing population group.
Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Merit certificates were awarded in more than 40 categories. Entries included brochures, newsletters, magazine and newspaper articles, web-based
and mobile resources, radio and television advertising, books, and annual reports.
The winners were selected by a distinguished panel of judges from across the United States, which represent years of expertise working in the mature market. All Gold Award recipients, which represent the top five percent of all entries, were reviewed by a special panel of judges for the 2017 Best of Show Awards.