Switching to Digital TV: Everything You Need to Know
On February 17, 2009, analog television broadcasting in the United States ended. As of that date, all television stations switched to digital TV broadcasts — effectively making obsolete every analog television set in the country.
What do you need to do to keep watching television after the switch to digital? Do you need to buy a new television set? If so, what kind of set? Do you need a fancy high definition TV? Or is there a way to make your old TV still work with the new digital broadcasts? Should you switch to cable or satellite television? And what is digital television, anyway? These are just a few of the questions people are asking as the switch to digital TV approaches.
All of these questions and more are answered in this short book. Don’t be one of the tens of millions of people who are confused about the switch to digital TV and lost their broadcast signal! Buy this book and take the guesswork out of the switch to digital TV!
What you can learn in this book:
- What is the difference is between Digital TV and HDTV
- How to switch your analog antenna reception to digital
- What you need to do if you are a cable, DSL or satellite subscriber
- How to connect a digital converter box
- Tips on shopping for a new digital TV
- Great solutions to your digital TV problems
Author: Michael Miller
Publisher: Que Publishing
Published: September 2008
Page count: 96 pp.
Price: $4.99 digital