Idiot’s Guide to Singing, 2nd Edition
Now with vocal exercises and other helpful audio examples available online, Idiot’s Guides: Singing, Second Edition, is a fast-track approach to improving vocal technique, including solo, ensemble, and sight singing. Filled with illustrations and exercises, this book covers different musical styles — from pop and rock to country and classical.
Anybody can sing, but to really be a singer requires both musical and physical training. Even if you love music and have been singing all your life, this easy-to-follow guide helps you take it to the next level, with advice on everything from finding a voice teacher and mastering your technique to singing onstage and landing a gig. In it, you get:
- Expert guidance on singing in all different genres — classical, jazz, R&B, pop, and rock.
- Professional warm-up exercises and practice techniques to help you find your perfect pitch and tone.
- Tips on maintaining proper posture and breathing for strength and stamina.
- Lessons in rhythm, phrasing, dynamics, and articulation.
- Harmonic advice for both solo and ensemble singing
- Approximately 1 hour of listen-and-learn audio files online.
Authors: Phyllis Fulford and Michael Miller
Publisher: Alpha Books
Published: September 2014
Page count: 336 pp.